By Robert M. Gray
This e-book is an up-to-date model of the knowledge concept vintage, first released in 1990. approximately one-third of the booklet is dedicated to Shannon resource and channel coding theorems; the remaining addresses assets, channels, and codes and on info and distortion measures and their houses.
New during this edition:
- Expanded therapy of desk bound or sliding-block codes and their relatives to standard block codes
- Expanded dialogue of effects from ergodic conception proper to details theory
- Expanded therapy of B-processes -- techniques shaped through desk bound coding memoryless sources
- New fabric on buying and selling off info and distortion, together with the Marton inequality
- New fabric at the houses of optimum and asymptotically optimum resource codes
- New fabric at the relationships of resource coding and rate-constrained simulation or modeling of random processes
Significant fabric now not coated in different info idea texts comprises stationary/sliding-block codes, a geometrical view of data idea supplied by means of strategy distance measures, and basic Shannon coding theorems for asymptotic suggest desk bound resources, that may be neither ergodic nor desk bound, and d-bar non-stop channels.
Read or Download Entropy and Information Theory PDF
Best Information Theory books
Spectral idea of Random Matrices
Community coding is a box of knowledge and coding concept and is a technique of accomplishing greatest details circulation in a community. This publication is a perfect advent for the communications and community engineer, operating in learn and improvement, who wishes an intuitive advent to community coding and to the elevated functionality and reliability it deals in lots of functions.
A brand new self-discipline, Quantum details technology, has emerged within the final twenty years of the 20th century on the intersection of Physics, arithmetic, and laptop technology. Quantum info Processing is an software of Quantum info technological know-how which covers the transformation, garage, and transmission of quantum details; it represents a innovative method of details processing.
Extra resources for Entropy and Information Theory