By Chris J. Magoc
This four-volume encyclopedia chronicles the historic roots of the USA' present army dominance, documenting its progress from continental expansionism to hemispheric hegemony to international empire.
• Overviews the background of yankee imperialism via chronologically prepared entries which are multidisciplinary, incisively written, and trained by means of the most recent scholarship
• Covers matters starting from the fur exchange of the frontier period to state-of-the-art advanced engagement within the heart East and Africa
• stocks key insights at the intersection of pop culture with the projection of U.S. army power
• contains history fabric and an intensive number of fundamental files that might aid scholars perform severe analyzing, considering, and writing skills
• positive aspects a number of pictures, illustrations, and sidebars that brighten up the textual content and have interaction scholars in participatory learning
Read Online or Download Imperialism and Expansionism in American History [4 volumes]: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection PDF
Best American Studies books
Gerald Bordman's American Musical Theatre has turn into a landmark publication in view that its unique book in 1978. during this 3rd variation, he bargains authoritative summaries at the common creative traits and advancements for every season on musical comedy, operetta, revues, and the one-man and one-woman indicates from the 1st musical to the 1999/2000 season.
American Modernism and melancholy Documentary surveys the asymmetric terrain of yankee modernity in the course of the lens of the documentary e-book. Jeff Allred argues that photo-texts of the Nineteen Thirties level a suite of mediations among rural hinterlands and metropolitan components, among elite manufacturers of tradition and the "forgotten guy" of Depression-era tradition, among a delusion of consensual nationwide harmony and numerous competing ethnic and local collectivities.
Ancient cross-country interactions, this e-book examines the position of the U.S. on the planet financial system. Illustrating that US shocks are inclined to have a world nature and that financial Union basically partly shelters the Euro region from its exterior surroundings, the USA may still absolutely think its accountability, minimizing surprise transmission.
The character of distinction records how differences among humans were generated in and via the existence sciences. via insightful commentaries and a wide-ranging collection of basic records via the editors, it charts the transferring limitations of technological know-how and race via greater than centuries of yank heritage.
Extra info for Imperialism and Expansionism in American History [4 volumes]: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection